Weight loss is hard work. You would know this to be true if you’ve ever tried to lose weight before, only to fall flat after a week or two. Information overload doesn’t make our job any easier since being offered contradictory advice only ends up pulling you in multiple directions but you never really get anywhere.
However, among the masses of weight loss programs and diets available at our convenience today, one consistently ranks amongst the top of the pack-the ketogenic diet.
The ketogenic diet isn’t some new discovery that we made in the past decade or two; it has been around for millennia, having unconsciously been followed by our ancestors who did not rely heavily on carbohydrate-rich foods for nourishment.
The convenience of packaged sugar-laden foods we have at our disposal today comes at a cost, usually at the expense of our health. The good news is that it’s not too late to take your health back, as often times all it requires is the discipline to consistently apply the principles that you learn.
I was able to get my life back on track and finally stick to a diet with the help of the 28-day keto challenge, which we are going to discuss below. Interested to know what makes this keto challenge different? Let’s find out why now.
MY REVIEW: HERE’S MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ON THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE…
The fact of the matter is that you have probably heard of the ketogenic diet before, know much of what it entails or have probably even tried it out yourself. If this is you, it is natural to be a skeptic about something which you believe is not revolutionary, or have tried before and are not impressed with.
But what makes the 28-day keto challenge different is the fact that it is much more than a collection of recipes just thrown together and which leaves you on your own to do the rest.
According to the author of the book, “Keto Resource”, over the course of four weeks, a test subject lost 21 pounds by simply following a plan- not a way to just wing it and see what happens. This is exactly how the 28-day keto challenge differs from just any random keto diet book.
WHO IS THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE FOR?
The 28-day keto challenge is extremely versatile and suitable for a wide range of individuals, owing to the fact that its principles are time-tested and not gimmicky in any way. If you find yourself in any of the categories referenced below, then you should seriously consider trying it out.
- You Are Trying To Lose Weight – one of the primary reasons the ketogenic diet is sought out in the first place is for its potential in helping you to lose weight. In contrast to many other diet plans, the 28 day keto challenge doesn’t just hand you a collection of random recipes but also helps get you past the initial 28 day mark- crucial for ensuring your overall success over the months to come (if you decide to stick with it).
- You’re Trying To Live Healthier – while ensuring that you maintain a healthy body weight is one aspect of healthy living, there is much more that you need to work on to improve the quality of life. One other way the 28 day keto challenge can help you live healthier is by reducing inflammation and markers of oxidation in the body. Diets that are high in carbohydrates promote excessive inflammatory processes and can accelerate aging owing to oxidative damage. In addition to this, the ketogenic diet may also help to reduce cancer risk over your lifetime as cancer cells rely heavily on glucose for nourishment. Starve them of their energy source and they’re more likely to be destroyed by the immune system.
- You’re Trying To Improve Performance – after years of eating the typical Western diet; high in carbs and low in fat, your metabolism is altered to use glucose primarily for generation of energy. Initially, when cutting these out of your diet you feel lethargic, irritable and weak. However, after the initial week or two the body becomes fat adapted, which means that its efficiency at using fat to produce fuel is significantly improved. What does this mean for you? You are able to run efficiently on ketone bodies produced from fat. You will not experience typical crankiness when blood sugar levels are low, and will no longer have to endure the brain fog that occurs mid-afternoon. You will also be able to exercise for a longer period of time without fatigue owing to the efficiency of ketone bodies at generating energy.
- You Suffer From Seizure Disorders – while this is not the primary reason people start following the ketogenic diet, the 28 day keto challenge is surprisingly helpful at reducing the frequency of seizures you experience, especially if you have difficulty controlling them with conventional medication. Low sugar diets have been investigated for centuries for its benefits on epileptic disease, as it results in reduced frequency of attacks evident in people that adapt to the principles. If you suffer from such episodes and are desperately looking for a way to get them under control with a keto lifestyle, this keto diet book will ensure that you are able to successfully do so.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE?
The beauty of the 28-day keto challenge is the fact that it is not only a recipe book. This is what makes it superior to other programs which revolve around the diet today, as they do not comprehensively support all aspects of weight loss. The 28-day keto challenge consists of seven core books, which each address a different aspect of successful weight loss using ketogenic diet strategies. These books are:
Keto Diet: The Basics
This book covers the core principles of the keto diet, including its history and who the diet is best for. If you are unsure of all the benefits brings to the table, you will also be enlightened of them in this booklet, which also contains an essential food shopping list to get you familiarized with keto suitable foods the next time you go to the supermarket. This guide also includes foods that you should avoid, as well as interesting tips to ensure success on keto diets
Interestingly, your world is also like to be flipped upside down after you learn about the keto diet pyramid, which is vastly different from the one you grew up learning as a kid. This pyramid alone will show you why traditional eating has been causing you to get fat.
Eating On Keto:
This is literally the meat of the book series; the actual recipes. Included in this book are a collection of 10 breakfast, 14 lunch, and 14 dinner recipes. There are also snack recipes included in the mix which are important to get you past the initial phase of carbohydrate cravings that occurs while your body is becoming fat adapted.
When I purchased the 28-day keto challenge I was a tiny bit confused after seeing that I did not get 28 different recipes each. However, I subsequently saw accompanied the 28-day meal plan calendar which conveniently points out what you should be eating at each session over the course of the challenge.
It actually made a lot of sense, rather than to experiment with a large number of different meals, it is a better idea to stick to a smaller number of meals which you know is going to work (at least for a short period of time).
Ketosis: Tips For Staying In Ketosis
In this book, the core emphasis is teaching you all about ketosis. Ketosis is a biochemical change that occurs when carbohydrates are restricted and the body shifts to using fat for energy. This book teaches you what indicators to look for to confirm that ketosis has been achieved, other body changes you observe, how to effectively cycle in and out of the ketosis state if necessary and many other related tips.
Macros: A Micro Look At The Macronutrients
This guide teaches you all about the important macronutrients. You may have heard that a calorie is a calorie, and while that is true, they can cause very different changes in the body depending on which macronutrient they are sourced from.
In this book, you’re taught how to calculate your daily required macronutrients, the ideal ratio to support the state of ketosis, along with foods that may mislead you and cause the diet to fail. Hidden carbs are in many of the most inconspicuous foods, including condiments and its something this book will make you aware of.
Keto Flu: Beating It In A Healthy Way
This book highlights the dreaded keto flu, a short-term collection of symptoms some people experience as the body transitions to using fat for fuel. Many of the symptoms resemble the true flu. But in this book, you will be able to recognize what the symptoms are and effective ways to quickly get past them without compromising your overall plan.
The keto flu only lasts a short period of time and can be rectified by following the interventional steps outlined in this guide.
Intermittent Fasting: Tips For Success
While not a mandatory prerequisite of following the ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting is also exceptionally good for weight loss and can help accelerate your progress if you are comfortable with applying it to the 28-day keto challenge.
This guide shows you what additional benefits you can get from intermittent fasting, the various styles of IF and how it can be used to help you get into ketosis sooner.
Keto And Friends: Dealing With Social Pressures
Arguably, this should be considered the second most important guide in the seven-book series, since it is a major reason why people fail the keto diet or any other diet for that matter. Social pressures cause you to break with diet protocols, eating food that is not allowed.
This guide will show you healthy ways to deal with social pressure, contains a convenient chart that shows you some tips to make eating out easier, guidelines on how to handle alcohol (because let’s face it, many social interactions involve food and alcohol).
If you can successfully manage to stay in a state of ketosis or not deviate significantly from the basic principles of the plan while going out with friends and family you have a high likelihood of achieving your weight loss goals.
In addition to the seven core guides contained are an additional three bonus guides which can help make the 28-day keto challenge even more successful. These are:
Not only is it unrealistic for you to give up desserts that used to bring you so much joy, but it is also a bad idea as you are likely to fall off of the program if you are forced to avoid certain foods for the rest of your life.
Rather, in this bonus guide, you will Find 36 delicious low-carb desserts. These recipes are still naturally sweet enough to satisfy the cravings, but without the huge carbohydrate load that desserts usually entail.
This way, you can continue shredding fat while enjoying some indulgences.
Fat is a key macronutrient in the ketogenic diet, with avocados being one of the best sources of healthy fats. You are likely to get bored eating avocados prepared the same way every time, however, which is why this bonus book will help you defeat the mundane with recipes such as avocado fries, chocolate avocado pudding pops, bacon guacamole cups and more. These are recipes I would’ve never thought of on my own, so this bonus guide is worth its weight in gold.
Keto Supplement Guide
Well timed supplements can help make your weight loss efforts much more fruitful, with this guide showing you the best supplements to help you get into ketosis and which lend themselves to make it that much more effective. The list of 12 supplements contained in this guide should be considered essential for anyone serious about making this diet work for them.
28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE PROS & CONS
While the 28-day keto challenge is extremely effective at helping you forge on to greater successes, it is not without a couple of challenges. If you ever find a weight loss plan that only highlights the positives and makes it appear like they are no negatives you should run for the hills.
Even though the cons of the 28-day keto challenge will not affect the majority of dieters, it is important for you to consider them. Here is what I found:
- Program teaches you how to deal with peer pressure so that your diet does not fail as a result of social interaction. You learn to socialize with friends and still stay compliant to your diet.
- Guide teaches you what the diet is all about; there is much scientific evidence about the efficacy of the ketogenic diet lifestyle. It is not a random fly by night plan.
- The 28 day guide helps you pave the way for successfully continuing the ketogenic diet for as long as you need.
- The guide benefits you much more than just bringing about weight loss – it helps reduce your risk of several major contributors to morbidity and may actually help you live longer.
- You will be able to get rid of sugar cravings once and for all, and even if that sweet tooth but puts up a challenge you have the bonus keto desserts recipe book to turn to for extra support.
- Recipes are not bland and boring, nor will they leave you hungry. There is a generous amount of fat and protein to go around which does a great job of suppressing appetite.
- Your energy level improves, along with overall physical and mental performance.
- Though not explicitly mentioned, it is a good idea to first read all of the books that are not recipe based. This way, when you do reach the recipes you have a deeper understanding of why certain foods are included, how to achieve ketosis effectively and much more.
- The included recipes are suitable for the course of 28 days, but you are likely to get bored and need to look for additional ones as you progress.
- The author of the system “keto resource” does not offer much insight about their expertise as it concerns the diet system. Luckily, it is based on solid principles.
MY RESULTS FROM USING 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE
This was not my first go around with a ketogenic diet program. In fact, time and time again I find myself drawn to the ketogenic diet, but like many others, I fall off the bandwagon shortly after. However, I must say this time was quite a bit different.
For one, I was able to stay on course for the full 28 days, which is something I was never able to accomplish before. I attribute this in large part to the guide about social pressure which is included, something that the majority of people struggle with, I’m sure.
Over the course of 28 days, I lost 13 pounds, which equates to almost half of a pound lost daily. It is important for me to state for the record that I am currently not on a keto diet, but I do intend to start again shortly, and this time with the goal in mind of going at least 90 days without a break.
Regardless of my decision to come off of the diet temporarily, the fact remains that the 28-day keto challenge is the only weight loss plan to date that I have ever been able to follow to the letter. I could not be happier with the results obtained and is exactly why I will be going back to it soon.
THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE PRICE: WHAT A BARGAIN, HERE’S HOW I GOT MINE CHEAP!
The 28-day keto challenge is sold by Click bank, a highly reputable company that processes orders for the vendor to ensure that you have a hassle-free experience.
You can get the entire 28-day cookbook system for the low one-time price of just $37, which is a pittance of the price they could charge for the social module alone. If you’ve ever hired a personal trainer for “motivation”, you would have probably seen how demotivating it is to your pocket.
This is one of the single best investments you could ever make in your health. If I were you, I wouldn’t hesitate to order it ASAP, since there’s no guarantee that that price couldn’t go up as a vendor realizes the value they are offering to people. You can get yours from the vendor directly HERE
CONCLUSION: VERY HAPPY WITH THE 28 DAY KETO CHALLENGE
After reading this review to the end, there should be no doubt in your mind that the 28-day keto challenge is the best keto cookbooks for 2019 so far. The keto diet is not based on speculation, but on the actual science and the way, our ancestors used to live.
To recap, the 28-day keto challenge is for you if:
- You want to get past the dreaded three week period of a diet, which is proven as the amount of time it takes to successfully transition to a healthier lifestyle and develop habits
- You want to continue on the ketogenic diet indefinitely past the 28 day challenge
- You want to improve your energy levels, along with physical and mental performance
- Improve your aesthetic appeal by getting rid of excessive stores of body fat and revealing a lean physique
- You want to get rid of your dependence and addiction to sugar
- You want to be around to see your grandkids and to be able to enjoy life at the same time
- Want easy relief from seizure episodes if you have tried conventional medication and need to find an alternative that works
Remember, this ketogenic diet book will bring about results simply because it induces biochemical changes in the way your body produces energy.
You can pick up your copy HERE and start your journey to achieving the life and body you deserve!
We’ve also done a detailed review of The Custom Keto Plan by Rachel Roberts. You can check it out here